ADD AN ACCOUNT OR PARTICIPANT
1.) LOG IN (AND SIGN UP): Use Log in to log into the website. Use Sign Up to create an account.
2.) DASHBOARD: This link is available once signed into your club’s Crossbar account.
a. PLAYERS: This tab lists all players & team staff registered by this email account. Click on the “View Details” to see the details for each player. The View Details display has three items parents may find useful:
i. Edit Player: This allows the parent to fix spelling errors of the player’s name and update their birth date if was entered incorrectly. NOTE these changes ONLY affect the player on the Club website. If the player’s info is incorrect on USA Hockey, then please contact your Registrar to have your player’s info updated.
ii. Add Parent: This feature allows the registering parent to add another parent’s email address to the player’s record. Note the parent being added will have to verify their email address when they get the email and setup an account (if they have not already set one up).
iii. Add Membership: This feature allows a parent to add an updated USA hockey membership to their player’s record.
b. PROFILE: This tab allows the parents to update their account by updating their name (fix typos etc), phone #, email address and password.
NOTE #1: If updating an email, the parent MUST follow the instructions in the verification email to verify the new email. The parent will NOT receive any emails until it is verified.
NOTE #2: If a Team Staff member (coach, manager, etc.) notices his/her name is incorrect on the Team Website, this is where the name is fixed/updated.
Adding a new user account (such as an additional parent or even one for the player) is easy and you can add as many accounts as you need. It is important to remember that these instructions must be completed by a user account that already has access to the participant.
How Do I See the Details of the Payment Plan We Signed up For?
1. Log on (must be the registering parent)
2. Select Dashboard (upper left corner)
3. Select PLAYERS on the left hand side
4. Select "View Details" next to your player's name
5. Scroll down, then under Registration History, select "View Details"
6. The payments & dates are listed. Note payments are processed automatically on the dates listed and it may take a couple of days before they appear on your credit card account.
HOW DO I CHANGE OR ADD A CREDIT CARD TO MY CHILD’S REGISTRATION?
Credit/Debit Cards expire or are lost/stolen. Once you are notified of a failed payment, please update your card as soon as possible.
Steps to change/add a credit card:
1.) Log on
2.) Click on the Dashboard (link in upper left hand corner)
3.) Click on the PLAYERS tab on the left hand side of the page
4.) Click on View Details next to your child’s name
5.) Page down on the Player Info page until you get to “Registration History”
6.) Click on View Details next to the Program to which your child has remaining payments.
7.) Click on the EDIT button next to the card # of the next installment and add another card.
8.) Once you have changed/added a new credit/debit card, please notify the Registrar/Treasurer so an adjustment to the payment due date and/or amount can be made.
I AM THE REGISTERING PARENT-HOW DO I ADD SPOUSES, STEP-PARENTS, GRANDPARENTS TO MY CHILD(REN)’S REGISTRATION SO THEIR Family Calendar HAS THEIR SCHEDULE?
1. Log on (must be the registering parent)
2. Select Dashboard (upper left corner) C. Select PLAYERS on the left hand side
3. Select "View Details" next to your player's name
4. Add the top of this display is a Link "+ ADD PARENT". Click on this link.
5. Add the parent's email address and select ADD PARENT
- If the parent already has an account, they will be added immediately.
- f the parent does not have an account, then a verification email will be sent to them. They must click on the link to verify their email and then create an account by supplying their name, selecting a password and supplying a phone number. The parent will be added once they have created their account. Parents associated with the child can check to see who has been added by following steps A thru D at any time.
1.) I can't log on. Please click on the SIGN UP link in the upper left hand corner and create an account.
2.) Signup says this email already has an account. Follow the forgot password instructions. If no email to reset the password is received (check your JUNK or SPAM folders 1st!), email the registrar to have Crossbar manually verify or reset your account.
3.) I logged on and clicked on the Family Calendar link and I don't see my child('s) schedule. Solution: Ask the registering parent to add you as a Parent on the child('s) registration (see above question).
HOW DO I CHANGE MY EMAIL ADDRESS OR PASSWORD?
1.) Log on to the website using your email address and password.
2.) Click on the DASHBOARD link in the upper left hand corner.
3.) Click on the PROFILE link on the left hand side
4.) Page down past the name & phone numbers field until you get to the password or email sections, update the info and click on save. NOTE: Any new email address will require that you verify the email address so watch for the verification email and follow the instructions, otherwise your account may get stuck in limbo and require help from Crossbar to fix it.
HOW TO RECEIVE EMAILS
Not receiving emails? Here are the steps to take:
- Make sure your profile settings are set to receive emails from your organization.
- If your organization has sent an email and you haven't received it, check your SPAM folder.
- If the email is not in your SPAM folder, log in to the email provider's website. The spam folder often doesn’t completely sync to other apps such as Apple Mail or Android email apps.
- If you have recently updated your email, you MUST follow the instructions in the verification email to verify the new email. You will NOT receive any emails until it is verified.
- Lastly, be sure that you have email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org in your email contacts. Email providers generally do not send email to SPAM folders if coming from a known email contact.
All registered Crossbar users will have access to the Crossbar mobile applications on both iOS and Android. However, to get access to existing players and teams, you may need to be granted access.
TEAMS MISSING IN MOBILE APP?
When you log into the mobile app, click on the menu button and then Teams, you will be presented with a list of active teams that are associated with your account.
If you are missing teams from that list, the cause is likely because your account is not associated with the team.
If you are a player or a parent:
Verify that your account is associated with the participant.
- Log in to your organization's website using the same email address.
- Click Account in the top navigation.
- Click Participants on the left navigation (click the down arrow if you are accessing the website from a mobile device).
- If you do not see the player, then you request access to the player from the user who registered the player. Click here for help.
- If you see the player, click on View Details.
- Once on the player profile, scroll down to Teams.
- If the team is NOT listed, then it means one of two things:
- The player has not been rostered on the team.
- The user that registered the player, added a new instance of the player to their account. Go back to step #4 above to request access to the new player.
- If the team is listed but is still not showing up in the application, it likely means the organization has the season configured to end prior to today's date. If that is not correct, please contact your organization and ask them to verify that the end date of your team's season is configured correctly.
If you are non-parent team-staff:
If you are a non-parent member of the team staff and you do not see your team listed, the email address that you are logged in with is not listed as a staff member for that team. Please reach out to your organization to get your account added to the team staff.